The Instant Pot is AMAZING for making bone broth. It takes 2-3 hours to make bone broth whereas a slow cooker takes at least 24 hours, stinking up your house the entire time. The Instant Pot does it in a fraction of the time and you don’t smell very much of it!
1) Fill 2/3 of the pot with bones (I used pig hocks, pig feet, beef marrow bones, lamb neck bones, and cow feet)
2) Fill the pot with water 1-2 inches above the bones
3) Add 3/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
4) Close the lid, press “Soup”
5) Place the cooker on High Pressure
6) Set the timer until it says 120 minutes (the max). Once done, I would set the timer for an additional 30-60 minutes
7) Strain the bones and throw the bones away. DO NOT FEED COOKED BONES to your pet.
8) Use a ladle to skim the fat off the top of the broth.
9) Pour broth into a glass container and place in the refrigerator or pour into silicone molds to freeze.
Dogs benefit from bone broth the most if they are: kibble fed, malnourished, have a leaky gut, dehydrated, picky eaters, have poor joint health, and dogs with a loss of appetite. #ThePrimalPet